We provide supervision for students in graduate school, associates working towards state hours, and coming soon AAMFT supervisors in training (supervision mentoring)
Who We Are, What We Do, & How We Do It
MSC, LMFT, EMDR, CFRC
License # 252098
Melissa is a board approved supervisor for the state of Kentucky, she supervises students from Campbellsville University and University of Kentucky. She is also an AAMFT supervisior candidate and soon will be able to provide supervision across the country and the world.
MSC, LMFT, EMDR, CFRC
License # 251449
Cheryl is working on becoming a board approved supervisor for the state of Kentucky, she supervises students from Campbellsville University and Indiana University Southeast. She is also an AAMFT supervisior candidate and soon will be able to provide supervision across the country and the world.
Cheryl and Melissa provide supervision to professionals that are starting off in their new career as a therapist.
We focus on an intergrated approach to supervision that includes
1) You - The supervisee and what you need from the supervision experience. What your personal and professional goals are and how we can get you there
2) Passing the AAMFTRB Exam - Assisting you in intergrating the knowledge you gained in graduate school and helping it to be a part of who you are as a therapist and not just having text book knowledge
3) Ethics - We are very strong in ethics and want to produce ethical therapists that think of protecting the clients as well as yourself
4) Legalities - We can assist you in how to run a legal practice and help you cover yourself from unnessecary risks. We can teach you how to locate the laws, read the laws, and where to go should you need more help. Let's also talk about those forms!
5) Theories - What is a therapist without theories. We can help you assimilate all those theories taught in graduate school to be second nature to you
6) Interventions - We can help you to choose the correct interventions that go along with those theories and how to use them appropriately
7) Self of the Therapist - This is all about you and what type of therapist you are in the therapy room. Using your personality to bring change to your clients, how to feel confident in yourself, your skills, and your abilities to provide quality care to your clients.
8) Career & Money Making - We can also help you to think outside of the box to make money in your new chosen field. Please do not listen to ANYONE that says "you did not go into therapy to make money" or "there is no money to be made in the counseling business". You CAN help people AND make money too. You do not have to choose
9) Self Care - Self Care is the foundation to a successful practice, healthy clients, and a healthy work life balance. We can assist you in identifying ways to do self care that becomes a routine not a chore
10) Your Mental Health - There is no therapist out there that is perfect and some of us have a diagnosis too! Having a diagnosis does not keep you from being an amazing therapist, on the contrary it can help you and your clients without a lot of self disclosure
Interns (working for Life In Motion) = $0
Employees (working for Life In Motion) = $0
Individual Supervision (one on one) = $100
Tandem Supervision (2 associates) = $50 per person
Group Supervision (3+ associates) = $100 per session divided by the number of associates up to 6
Late Cancelation (<24 hours notice) $20 per occurrence